Year-round Private Music Lessons...Register Now!
Private music lessons offer each student an ideal opportunity to receive personal and customized training from their teaching artist. Students will participate in a well-rounded program and, most importantly, enjoy the process! Our faculty is comprised of professional, experienced, motivating teachers who have a passion for teaching music. Whether you are interested in piano, guitar, voice, or violin we will work with you to find the instructor best suited to your individual style and musical goals.
We have found that private one-on-one instruction allows students to progress at their own pace and gain the best understanding of musical techniques. Students can start private lessons at our Charlotte location any time of the year or month so there’s no need to wait to get started. A variety of styles are taught such as pop, jazz, rock and classical. Contact our Charlotte music school to see which music lesson times and days are available.
The health and safety of our students and staff is our number one priority. We have transformed our programs and building operations so staff, students, and their families are safe and feel comfortable by selecting an option that works for them. Since COVID-19, we have taken dozens of precautions that proved to be successful throughout the 2020-2021 season. See the changes we have made below! For even more information, families currently registered may log into our PSMD Family Page.
- Virtual music lessons are available to everyone! Dance class can also be taken virtually if the student is home due to COVID or necessary quarantine.
- Mask Policy (Updated June 21, 2021): Fully vaccinated* individuals are no longer required to wear a mask in the building. Unvaccinated individuals entering the building (including all students under the age of the current vaccination clearance) are to wear a face covering at all times. Those who are fully vaccinated no longer need to wear a mask. *Per the CDC, “fully vaccinated” is considered two weeks after an individual’s final vaccine dose.
- CDC recommended "cohorting" measures are in place. Students will use the same studio throughout an evening to limit cross contamination.
- While the parent lounge has been closed throughout the pandemic, beginning June 7, 2021, parents of students ages 3-6 will be permitted in the space. Parents of students ages 7+ will pick up/drop off their child at the front door.
- Routine cleaning procedures.